Our Latest News
Due to recent social distancing protocols, Governor DeSantis has asked all schools in Florida to remain closed until April
15th. We are going to follow the public schools and their protocols. Public schools across Florida will be using a “distance
learning” approach to continue instruction for students. TKCA will also be doing a form of “distance learning”.
We are fortunate to be using the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) curriculum, PACEs, which is designed to allow students to learn and work independently. However, we know that there are certain concepts that will be difficult for students to understand on their own and they will need assistance from one of our teachers. That is why we have chosen to do a combination of PACEs and use an online platform for student-teacher communication.
Communication will be done using several programs:
1. ThinkWave email will be used daily to communicate with parents. Student assignments will alsobe sent.
2. Zoom Video Communication will be used with students to have face to face communication. Thiswill be used at the start of every school day and will be a way students can ask questions andreceive help on their PACEs.
3. School phones will be available for communication as well.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for all students. PACEs will also need to be picked up and dropped off weekly. This will be done in a drive-thru manner to avoid contact as much as possible. NO students will be allowed to remain oncampus.
● Breakfast and Lunch pick up hours will be between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm
● PACE pick up will be every Monday morning between 8:30-10:00 starting on Monday, March 30, 2020
○ For the first week of March 23-- PACEs will be picked up on Tuesday, March 24th between 8:30- 10:00am
● PACE drop off will be every Friday between 8:30-10:00 so that they can be scored by the teacher.
● Students will need internet access through the use of either a cell phone, tablet, or laptop/computer with awebcam.
● ALL students (k-12) need to know how to log on to Zoom. They will be required to log in and meet with the class for a video conference at 10:30 on Monday’s and 8:30 every other
● It is very important that students log on every morning with Zoom Video chats so that teacher can take attendance and students can receive their assignments for the day (scholarships can be affected by a lack of attendance)
● Directions to log onto zoom are found on www.tkcaorlando.com under online classes. Look for your grade andteacher name
● Please keep the password confidential. Your teacher will notify you with password changes.
Parents and students will receive instructions to log onto Zoom communication soon, your child’s teacher will be in contact
In His service,
Dr. Nick Acevedo